As a parent, you want to make sure you’re using the best baby wipes for your little one. Two popular options are Huggies Simply Clean and Natural Care wipes. But what’s the difference, and which is better?
I’ve tried them both with my daughter to help you decide.
A Brief Comparison Table
|Huggies Simply Clean
|Huggies Natural Care
|Plant-based cleansers, Aloe Vera
|Chamomile, vitamin E
|Designed for extra sensitive skin
|Thicker wipe material
|Thinner, more delicate wipe
|Holds up well to messes
|Can shred more easily
|Superior at cleaning poopy diapers
|Good cleaning ability but not as strong
|Very gentle on skin
|Also extremely gentle on skin
|Slightly more expensive
|Slightly less expensive
- Both Huggies Simply Clean and Natural Care wipes are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and gentle choices.
- The Simply Clean wipes offer better durability thanks to a thicker wipe material that stands up to messy diapers without shredding.
- Natural Care wipes are made for the most sensitive skin types but shred more easily.
- Hands-on tests showed Simply Clean has superior cleaning power to tackle messy poopy diapers efficiently.
- While Natural Care wipes can handle cleanups too, I had to use more wipes per change versus the Simply Cleans.
- In comparing cost, Simply Clean wipes are slightly pricier than the affordable Natural Care option.
Overall for their strength, gentleness, and convenience, I chose Huggies Simply Clean as my winner – but Natural Care is a close second best, especially for extra delicate skin. Both work very well!
A Quick Intro to Both Types of Wipes
First, let’s take a quick look at what each wipe offers:
Huggies Simply Clean Baby Wipes
These wipes use triglyceride cleansers derived from coconut oil to help dissolve messes. Features include:
- Hypoallergenic and free of fragrance, alcohol, parabens, MIT preservatives
- TripleClean layers help grab mess on the first swipe
- Made with plant-based cleansers and Aloe for soothing skin
- Thicker and more durable than Natural Care wipes
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
These wipes use a plant-based formula of chamomile and vitamin E. Features include:
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, paraben-free
- Designed for sensitive skin
- Chamomile and vitamin E to soothe skin
- Thinner wipe material than Simply Clean
As you can see, the ingredients and features differ between the two. So which wipe wins out? Let’s dive deeper.
Key Differences Between The Wipes
While both Huggies wipes aim to clean messes gently, there are some noticeable differences:
- Simply Clean: Plant-based cleansers, Aloe Vera
- Natural Care: Chamomile, vitamin E
The Simply Clean wipes use coconut-derived cleansers as their main cleaning agent, while the Natural Care wipes rely on chamomile and vitamin E for gentle cleaning power.
Scent & Skin Sensitivity
- Simply Clean: Unscented, hypoallergenic
- Natural Care: Unscented, made for extra-sensitive skin
Both wipes are free of fragrance, alcohol, and other common irritants.
However, the Natural Care wipes position themselves as better for babies with very sensitive skin thanks to the chamomile and vitamin E.
Thickness & Durability
- Simply Clean: Thicker wipe material
- Natural Care: Thinner wipe material
I immediately noticed a difference in thickness when first using these two wipe varieties. The Simply Cleans have a thicker, more durable wipe material that stands up well to messes without falling apart. The Natural Cares are thinner and feel more delicate in the hand.
For on-the-go use, both brands offer travel packs:
- Simply Clean: 42 wipes per travel pack
- Natural Care: 32 wipes per travel pack
For value bulk buying, they provide larger refill packs:
- Simply Clean: 672 wipes
- Natural Care: 504 wipes
So you get higher wipe quantities in the Simply Clean packs. But Natural Care also offers convenient portable and family-size options.
On average, Natural Care wipes cost a little more than Simply Clean:
- Simply Clean travel pack (42 wipes): $2
- Simply Clean refill pack (672 wipes): $20
- Natural Care travel pack (32 wipes): $2.50
- Natural Care refill pack (504 wipes): $25
This pricing can vary slightly between retailers. But the Natural Care wipes seem to come at a small premium.
My Hands-On Test Results
Now, let’s get into what mattered most to me – how these two wipe varieties compared during real diaper changes and clean-ups with my daughter!
Over the course of a month, I alternated between using Huggies Natural Care and Huggies Simply Clean wipes to clean up the same messes after breastmilk-fed diaper changes, meals, and play sessions. Here’s how they measured up:
- Simply Clean – These immediately grabbed and dissolved poop messes better than the Natural Care wipes due to the plant-based cleanser ingredients. Solid A grade for cleaning dirty diapers.
- Natural Care – While they got the job done without needing tons of wipes, I had to wipe a few extra times to fully clean poopy diapers. More like a B grade.
With pee-only diapers, both wipes performed equally well and got the job done with 1-2 wipes. But the Simply Cleans won out for cleaning explosive poopy diapers efficiently.
Gentleness on Skin
- Simply Clean – No redness or irritation noticed after 2 weeks of use. Skin felt smooth.
- Natural Care – Also very gentle during 2 weeks of use thanks to the chamomile and vitamin E. No issues here either.
I was impressed by how gentle both varieties of wipes were on my daughter’s sensitive baby skin. No redness, drying, irritation, or reactions after prolonged use of either the Simply Cleans or Natural Cares.
Convenience & Durability
- Simply Clean – Thicker wipe stands up to messes without shredding or bunching up. Makes cleaning quicker and less frustrating!
- Natural Care – Thinner wipe sometimes shredded when wiping messy poop diapers. Had to use 2-3 wipes to finish the job.
The thicker Simply Clean wipe holds up better through explosive poopy diapers, while the delicate Natural Care wipe needed some reinforcement from additional wipes on the really messy changes.
Which Wipe Won Out In My Book?
While both varieties of Huggies baby wipes worked well, the Simply Cleans came out my winner thanks to:
- Superior mess-grabbing and cleaning abilities
- Thicker, more durable wipe material
- Gentle plant-based formula with Aloe didn’t irritate skin
- Convenience of better wipe durability for faster changes
I also like that the Simply Clean wipes use plant-based cleansers instead of chemical cleansers. And they were a bit more affordable than the Natural Care wipes.
However, the Natural Care wipes are still a great option, especially if your baby has extremely sensitive skin. I’d rank them just a close second to the Simply Cleans.
Key Pros & Cons Compared
Here’s a quick recap on the main advantages and disadvantages I noticed for each wipe variety after a month of hands-on testing:
Huggies Simply Clean Wipes
- Superior cleaning of poopy diapers
- Thicker, more durable wipe material
- Gentle plant-based formula
- Unscented and hypoallergenic
- Slightly more expensive than Natural Care wipes
- Not as thick as some other wipe brands
Huggies Natural Care Wipes
- Chamomile and vitamin E ideal for sensitive skin
- Fragrance and alcohol-free
- Less expensive than Simply Clean wipes
- Doesn’t clean quite as well as Simply Cleans
- Thinner material shreds more easily
So while both are great options, the Simply Cleans offer better cleaning power and convenience that make them my top pick.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Still trying to decide between Huggies Natural Care and Simply Clean baby wipes? Here are answers to some common questions:
Huggies Natural Care wipes can be used for all of baby’s messes – cleaning up pee and poop during diaper changes, wiping hands and faces after meals or snacks, and cleaning up dirty spots after playtime or while out and about. Their chamomile and vitamin E formula makes them ideal for parents of babies with extra sensitive skin.
Yes, Huggies Natural Care wipes are formulated to be extra gentle for use all over baby’s body, including the delicate facial area. The chamomile extract and vitamin E aim to calm, soothe, and nourish skin while cleaning gently.
No, Huggies Simply Clean baby wipes are not flushable or septic-safe like some household cleaning wipes. Be sure to dispose of used Simply Clean wipes in the trash can rather than attempting to flush them.
Both Huggies and Pampers make great baby wipes. Through my testing, I’ve found Huggies Simply Clean wipes perform better than similar Pampers Sensitive wipes when it comes to durability and cleaning explosive messes while still being gentle. However, preferences can vary from parent to parent and baby to baby. It’s worth trying different wipe varieties, including both brands, to find your favorite!
Yes, Huggies Natural Care wipes are safe for babies. They are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and contain gentle plant-based ingredients like aloe vera. The wipes are pH balanced and dermatologist tested to be non-irritating.
For newborns, both the Simply Clean and Natural Care wipes from Huggies are good options. They are exceptionally soft and perfume-free for delicate skin. Natural Care adds aloe to soothe and moisturize. But Simply Clean is likely more affordable for frequent newborn use.
The Bottom Line
At the end of the messy wipe testing road, I choose Huggies Simply Clean wipes as my top pick thanks to their superior cleaning power paired with a gentle formula and more durable design.
However, those seeking a sensitive skin specializing wipe will also love the Natural Care variety. Either way, you can’t go wrong – both get the job done without irritating delicate baby skin!
Hopefully this breakdown of key features, real-use test results, pros and cons, and common questions helps you decide whether Huggies Simply Clean or Natural Care wipes are better suited for your baby’s needs. With a quality wipe helping tackle the mess, you’ll be able to keep your focus on baby snuggles.
Happy diapering and wiping!