With changing bathroom technology and government regulation, it may not be easy for households to choose the best flushing toilet. Most modern model now requires 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
Because of the changing technology and government policy, new designs have entered the market and those that were once considered great are outdated. You must evaluate different factors to select the perfect one from the various models.
Table Of Contents
- Best Flushing Toilet 2020 Comparison Table
- Top 10 Popular Flushing Toilets Reviews
- TOTO CST744SG Drake
- TOTO Drake II Model No. CST454CEFG
- American Standard 2889.216.020
- WoodBridge (Model No. T-0001)
- American Standard Champion-4
- American Standard Model No. 2886.216.222
- American Standard Model #2887.216.020
- KOHLER K-3609-0 With AquaPiston Technology
- Niagara 77001WHCO1
- TOTO Eco Soiree
- Thetford Aqua-Magic
- KOHLER Memoirs Stately
- WoodBridge (Model: T-0008)
- Nature’s Head
- KOHLER: Model: K-3493-0
- Buying Guide For The Best Flushing Toilet
- Top 10 Popular Flushing Toilets Reviews
Best Flushing Toilet 2020 Comparison Table
It’s going to be a long fat article to get your desired one. You must need to know about their technical as well as other information like experienced users’ recommendations as well.
That will surely take some time. So, have a look at the following tables where I have briefly compared 3 popular models. In-depth reviews are right under the comparison table.
Top 10 Popular Flushing Toilets Reviews
TOTO, KOHLER, American Standard are the popular brands in modern days. Only these 3 brands are famous to deliver the greatest models in 2020 in the world.
However, not all of their models are doing great. To save you from wondering what is the right one to buy, I have selected some popular models from these brands to review.
TOTO CST744SG Drake
For innovative ideas, long-lasting performance, and most cost-effective solution. TOTO is the pioneer in this field.
I bet you already know this and like you, most people trust TOTO as their trusted residential toilet solution. Drake series from TOTO is so popular that you will probably end up buying one of these series.
It is our recommended model for you. It has a dimension of 28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches with 12-inches rough-in. So, it’s suitable for everyone.
SanaGloss technology has made it super smooth. Because of SanaGloss, with every flush, the ion barrier glazing cleans it bowl completely. You should know about its G-Max flushing technology.
Not just TOTO claims it to be commercial-grade flushing; lots of users have confirmed that it’s quiet and powerful. The flush valve is almost 125% larger than the conventional flush valves.
You will only get the bowl and tank parts NOT the seat. The seat is not included. You have to pay for it. But for a reasonable price, you can get the TOTO’s recommended seat for it. Model no. of the seat is SS114-01.
The elongated shaped model is really comfortable to use and has a really powerful flush that cleans literally everything using minimum water. Wondering what is a power flush one? Get this and explore yourself!
You may read some negative information about this one I some other blogs. Those are totally untrue. It is highly recommended by several prominent websites like Consumer Reports.
The satisfied number of customers is countless. Because of its long-lasting performance, it is a cost-saving decision for you as well. If you need to know more about TOTO, here is a complete review of TOTO toilet for you.Check Price on Amazon
TOTO Drake II Model No. CST454CEFG
TOTO Drake II model no. CST454CEFG comes in 2nd in my list of top-rated model because of several reasons. But mainly there are 2 reasons worth mentioning here.
First, it flushes everything with a single flush most of the time. And second, it refills within just a moment no matter how worse your plumbing is.
Now, I know the look of it does not matter to most of you but I am pretty sure you will REALLY like its beautiful shape. Not just it has the double flush technology to give robust flush, it literally cleans everything.
Using any sort of cleaner is minimal. Besides, you can control the flushing ability. For the most swirling flush, all you need to do is to hold down the handle for a longer time.
Some of you have already used it and you know what I am talking about, right? If you have experience using it, you do know that it does not require any second flush to clean the residue. This is how it saves plenty of precious water day by day.
Just like the previous TOTO model, it features SanaGloss technology as well to provide ceramic glaze. So, you don’t need to use any harsh chemical to clean it.
Drake II is proven to be quiet but it’s not super quiet. You may still hear the flushing sound. If you need an ADA compliant one, you can consider this. It has a height of 17 ¼ inches with 12-inches rough-in.
Because of its WaterSense technology, it really uses 20% less water than most other conventional models. WaterSense technology is also available for the TOTO Entrada series as well.
Drake II is also a 2 pieces model, so you will get only the tank and bowl but you need to buy the seat separately. It’s not the cheapest model but it will serve you for a pretty long time. Just spend some time reading its customer reviews to get an idea about it.Check Price on Amazon
American Standard 2889.216.020
Right after TOTO, I like to give the next reviews on some American Standard. Because as per the market trend, they are also prominent to deliver the high-quality model right after TOTO.
Model 2889.216.020 comes first for the review as it’s most popular among American Standard models.
There are very few water-efficient toilets for the small bathroom on the market and this one is of them. It meets the WaterSense specification, and it is undeniably one of the most popular American standard models that save water and money.
It takes a full flush of 1.6 gallons for every flush as well as a part of one gallon. It enjoys popular support because it is one hundred percent factory tested before it is released for public use.
Features Of H2Option
It has great features that make it great, and here are some of the great features:
Design: It is designed with high-quality raw materials that you can lay your hands on the industry. The surface is designed in such a way that it stays clean after each flush.
Because of that, it does not require manual cleaning often. The bowl is rounded, because of that, it fits well as it does not protrude once mounted. This makes it different from similar products out there.
Flushing: The flushing system is very effective, and this can be attributed to the fact that it has a double flushing system, and it uses 1.6 GPF for each flush as described earlier.
Furthermore, it is fitted with two chrome-plated buttons on the top, and this accelerates the flushing. The flushing function is equally enhanced by the H2Option Siphonic flushing system.
Cleaning: Because of the great flushing power, the product does not require constant cleaning, which was the case for the earlier models. The flushing method is effective, and this combines with the unique surface to ensure thorough flushing.
This means that constant manual cleaning is not required. It is important that you clean it from time to time. It has a series of holes within it from where pressurized water is eased out of the system. This makes for proper washing of the system.
Consumption: One good thing about this one is the reduced water consumption rate. This is a dual flush model, and because of that, it could consume more than 1.28 GPF WaterSense specifications. It has all the attributes of the high-end water-efficient options.
Installation: The installation process is quite easy and it is not much different from the older models out there. It has important features that facilitate the installation process. The user manual provided can guide its users during the installation.
Pros Of H2Option
- It features H2Option dual flushing system
- It cleans very well because of its EverClean surface
- The product is one hundred percent factory tested before released to the market
- It features rounded front bowl
- Installation accessories are provided
- The model is a WaterSense certified model
Cons Of H2Option
- This model does not satisfy the ADA specifications
In all, this is a great product and it is recommended for those looking for one of the top-rated models on the market.
WoodBridge (Model No. T-0001)
It’s not your grandmother’s toilet, no offense! Now, before I go any further with the WoodBridge review, be aware it is an expensive luxurious model. But it’s another great flushing one-piece model to consider.
As a byproduct of powerful flush, you get loud noise, right? It’s true for models from TOTO, KOHLER, American Standards and so on. But WoodBridge is TOTALLY different in this regard. It’s almost a soundless one.
Think of all the modern facilities that you have seen in 5-star hotels, well this is the one that offers that. For your master bathroom, I must say this is another Euro-style high-end model if you have a high budget.
Apart from higher-quality, the clean and sleek modern look of it makes it totally distinguishable from its counterparts. Just look at the picture that I have added here and I am pretty sure you must say – it’s classy!
With its skirted trap way, it will change your experience cleaning it. It has no corners or grooves that you see in a traditional standard model, so cleaning is really a piece of cake. A true experience changing one that money can buy.
It comes with everything for the installation and it’s really easy to install.
For example, I know a friend who installed 5 of this model with just $75 a piece. The plumber told him that he charged lower because the installation was really easy! FYI: It comes with the hand wrench as well!
Features of WoodBridge
- With its fully glazed and siphon flushing, get the real experience of quiet and super powerful flushing. If you need the best toilet for flushing large waste, this is the one. Forget about any clog or leak at all.
- Comes with a soft closing seat with stainless steel seat hinge. The cool thing of the seat is that it will never get loose and it is way more easy to get the seat off to clean.
- Stylish rectangle style flushing button. WaterSense certified dual-flush one. Only 1.0/1.6 GPF. In fact, the little flush can clean the solid waste completely. Based on your local authority, you may get some rebate!
- Comfort heights – so great for the elderly as well. From the floor to the top of the seat, it measures 18 inches.
- 12 inches rough-in.
- Super extended customer support and back up from the WoodBridge.
- The amazing number of high-appreciation and recommendations from happy users for its great functionality and comfort.
Cons of WoodBridge
- Seriously, this is the only cons that I could find!
American Standard Champion-4
Highly appreciated and definitely one of the top-notch one-piece models that deserves your attention. This model is often referred to as a greatly elongated model from the American Standard.
This is because of the superior features that guarantee high performance. It is efficient and it can remove wastes completely. It guarantees powerful and quiet flushing, which is one of the attributes of a good flushing system.
It comes with 2 beautiful colors like White and Linen to match your dream bathroom decor. FYI: It doesn’t come with a seat. You need to buy the elongated seat separately.
The cool part about this one is that if you need an expert to install it properly, you can directly hire the expert when you make the purchase. With the demonstration of the toilet from Home Depot.
Features Of American Standard Champion-4
Dimension & Construction: The dimension is 32.1 x 20.9 x 30.5 inches with 119 pounds weight. VERY sturdy! It is strongly constructed and durable with 12 inches rough-in. It features an elongated bowl. This makes it look modern and professional grade.
It equally incorporates Everclean surface. Because of this, users could hardly contact such germs or diseases emanating from fungus, algae, mildew, as well as molds and so on.
Even if you do not clean it after use, you should not worry about being contaminated. You can see that it possesses all the attributes of the top-rated models.
ADA compliant: Perhaps the right thing you are going to like knowing that it is ADA compliant. This means that the seat is 16.5 inches high. Because of this, it is suitable for most adults.
Even those suffering from such problems as disabilities can use the seat without difficulties. Looking for the recommended comfort height model? Consider having this one.
Flushing system: One great thing about this model is the efficient flushing system. It has four inches piston action accelerating flush valves.
This allows the flushing system to be fast. It ensures that more quantities of water are admitted for each flow. The flushing system is at least three times faster than standard models.
Water Consumption: The product uses the standard 1.6 gallons per flush; it is faster and more powerful. This is because it uses the 2-3/8 inches trap-way.
This is at least seventy percent bigger than the standard models out there. Because of this, the flushing system would always deliver maximum performance.
Cleaning: The flushing system as you can see is very powerful. Because of the great force, it flushes, and the flushing technology, as well as the bowl design, residues are not allowed on the surface.
It ensures complete water flush thereby reducing the need for manual cleaning of the system as would have been the case with other products out there.
Pros Of American Standard Champion-4
- It is proven to be durable by lots of parents.
- Very easy to keep clean and it does not require constant cleaning.
- It does not clog, and it does not overflow.
- It is designed with superior quality materials
- The installation process is easy and if you feel the need of professionals, you can hire as well.
- It is economical as it minimizes water consumption
- The model is ADA compliant
Cons Of American Standard Champion-4
- It is heavy which means you can’t install it alone.
- It is slightly noisy
In all, this model is good and it is not surprising that many people are switching over to this one. It is highly recommended for you.
American Standard Model No. 2886.216.222
American Standard has solved the major problem the users of flushing system always complained of, which is low flow technology.
It has a siphonic unit, which ensures that low water flow does not become a problem for users. Because of the unique flushing technology, you can save up to 1.0 gallons of water per flush.
To give you more flexibility, the same model comes in 2 different shapes. You can choose the elongated one or the round one whichever suits you most.
Also, it comes in 3 colors so that you can have your adorable bathroom decor. Choose from Bone, Linen, and White color.
Also, model #2886.216.222, offers you expert installation with some extra charge and you have the liberty to hire the expert when you buy it. Ohh… you need to buy the seat too separately.
Now, let’s know about its other cool features which have made it another top-quality model.
Dimension and Technical Facts: It has 12 inches rough-in. It’s a 2 piece model. The tank comes in a 25x16x27 inches box and it comes in a 22x22x33 inches box. The height is 18 inches from the floor or it’s a height of a chair seat.
Material: It has the easy clean coating and you can rest assured the coating won’t come off or there will be no staining issues. The flushing system is designed with high-quality raw materials. Because of the superior quality materials used to construct it, you discover that the model is highly durable.
You are going to have value for your money when you use it. Moreover, it is easy and simple to clean, and it can clean itself during the flushing process.
Design: As mentioned earlier, the model comes with linen, bone, and white colors. It is well designed and stylistic. It meets the quality standard when it comes to quality. The model features an EverClean surface. It has been treated to prevent germs.
The system is mirror-like and because of that; it is not difficult to clean it after use. It can retain its cleanliness for a long period. Moreover, it does not form molds, algae mildew; it is treated to prevent the formation.
Flushing: The flushing system of this model is unique. It consists of a siphonic action double flushing bowl. Furthermore, it has an exclusive seat. Because of the dual flushing system, it is very dependable and can save sufficient quantities of water for its users. The flushing system is great.
PowerWash Rim: The product features a PowerWash rim. This enhances the flushing ability. Water from the tank is pressurized and released through the rim. The water release is done in a series. This ensures complete washing and scouring of the bowl. It moves with a very powerful force.
Pros Of Model Model #2886.216.222
- The product has an ever clean surface and that is why it flushes completely.
- It is not difficult to clean and it does not require constant cleaning.
- The product equally features a 9 by 8 surface areas.
- It has a double flushing system.
- A great water saver. Probably one of the highly recommended water-efficient models right now.
- Some users complain to receive faulty/broken parts. Don’t be alarmed, just contact them, they will send you the replacement parts.
This is a good option for anybody looking for the best water efficient toilets. It has fantastic features and performs very well.
American Standard Model #2887.216.020
If you have a small apartment and you want a compact system that fits in very well, then you can go for this one. This is probably the right one for the small bathroom which is also highly appreciated by lots of customers.
The dimension allows it to fit into a small bathroom. The difference in depth is the only difference between this brand and other versions from the same company.
If you are fed up with extra height ADA compliant model, this one is ideal for you. Probably, it is the standard height model out there right now and you won’t be needing any ‘squatty potty’ to answer the call of nature comfortably.
3 color options to match any bathroom interior. Choose from Linen, White, and Bone. Installation is fairly easy. Even though you need expert help, just select an expert installation option while ordering this. Sure, it does require some extra cost.
It has great features apart from the fact that it is compact. Here are some of the features:
Dual flushing system: Because of the double flushing system, it can conserve water for its users. Moreover, it runs on the latest technology. It features a tank level, which serves as a double button actuator, and this is mounted on its top.
The two have different flush valves and that is why it ensures complete flushing. Residues cannot build up because of the unique flushing action.
EverClean surface: Another important feature of this product is the EverClean surface. This was designed using a microbiological silver property. This is a precious metal.
Because of that, it ensures that mildew, mold, and bacteria do not grow within the system. The model equally has a smooth surface and because of that, unsightly rings are eliminated.
PowerWash Rim: Another important feature is the PowerWash rim. This ensures thorough flushing. During the wash, it ensures certain water quantity passes through the system through the rim channel.
This ensures that the water released is equally and evenly distributed through the bowl. Because of the unique power wash system, you do not require constant cleaning. Even when you want to clean it, it is going to be very easy to clean.
Water jet: It features a well-positioned water jet and this captures water flowing through the system. This equally ensures the optimal water flow with reduced energy. Water does not slow down when it flushes. The jet can serve as waste as well as a water exit system.
Durable: Many parents verified that they have been using this for a pretty long time without any problem. It features two inches flush valve. These two valves are treated with chemical-resistant materials.
Apart from that, these flushing materials are durable. All of its parts are available in the market, in case you need those repair parts in the future.
Pros Of Model #2887.216.020
- Standard height with the unique flushing mechanism.
- It features an exposed trap-way for enhanced performance.
- Elongated bowl and water surface for better performance.
- High parents ratings and recommendations.
- Great customer service.
Cons Of Model #2887.216.020
- Uncomfortable seating for extra tall people.
Looking for the most powerful flushing toilet? The model is strongly recommended.
KOHLER K-3609-0 With AquaPiston Technology
If you are looking for an innovative & a great one with affordable cost that can never disappoint you, choose this one from KOHLER. It conserves water and saves plenty of money in the process.
You won’t experience a clog. Moreover, it does not make noise when water runs down the system. Most importantly, it uses an excellent rinsing bowl. Even though it uses less water, it flushes very well and keeps it clean and germ-free.
Comes with great 5 colors to match any bathroom decor. Choose from 5 colors like Almond, Black, Ice Grey, Sandbar, and White. It’s ADA compliant meaning it has chair seat height. No matter how tall you are, it should be comfortable for you.
It’s fairly easy to install and comes with instructions. If you have some extra budget and want to install it professionally, you can directly hire the expert when you make the order.
This has great features and here are some of them.
Dimension: KOHLER K-3609-0 has a dimension of 28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 inches with a weight of 65.3 pounds. 17.6” is the height from the floor to the seat. Also, it’s a two pieces model meaning the tank and bowl come in separate packaging.
Low Water Consumption: One of the key factors people consider in selecting one is water consumption. This product meets government water consumption of 1.6 gallons of water.
This means that it does not consume enough quantities of water, and can save money for you in the process. The maximum amount of water it can consume every year is 16500 gallons (approx).
Noise Free: The noise level is very low. You can hardly know that the system is running. This is a key feature homeowner consider in choosing this type of product. Other people in the house would not know that you are using a flushing system and this is great.
Flushing: The system flushes very well. This is because of the bowl and flushing technology. The system uses modern AquaPiston technology, which is the most innovative flushing system.
Because of the unique technology, you can discover that this product flushes fast and delivers a great result at the same time.
Durability: Perhaps, the greatest thing you are going to like here is the fact that it is sturdily constructed. It is nearly unbreakable for a very long time. Your children can use it without damaging it.
Cons Of KOHLER K-3609-0
- It does not contain seat and wax ring. You need to buy them separately.
Despite the few shortcomings, you can use this can be considered as the best flushing toilet on the market for your home or office.
Niagara is prominent to deliver high-quality one at a very low cost. Everyone can afford them. If you need cheaper options, read the Saniflow toilet reviews. And the model 77001WHCO1 is considered a great water-conserving model on the market today which is also ADA compliant.
It can take just 0.8 gallons per flush, and yet it flushes clean and fast. It uses the most innovative flushing technology, and that is why it can clean everything just within the first flush.
Because of its effectiveness, it is not necessary to use a double flush. The product has great features and here is a review of these features.
Dimension: It’s a high profile one with a dimension of 28.9 x 18.8 x 31 inches. Due to its sturdy construction, it has a weight of 113 pounds.
Unique Minimalist Design: This looks attractive and has an elongated bowl. It looks exactly like the standard double piece set. As said before, when it comes to conserving water, this product is second to none. This is attributed to the unique engineering system. It saves plenty of money for its users.
Flushing: Another important thing you are going to discover here is that the flushing system is unique. It can consume 0.8 gallons for each flush. Moreover, it satisfies the WaterSense certification of 1.28GPF. Furthermore, it is classified as a highly efficient model.
To make the system more efficient, it features an air channel, which is located between the cistern and the waste pipe. This enhances the flushing system.
Easy Cleaning: The product does not require much cleaning after use, because of the flushing efficiency. It does not consume enough quantities of water during flushing and yet it does not affect the flushing capacity.
The bowl would be cleaned with the first flush this makes double flushing unnecessary. It qualifies for both WaterSense efficiency, as well as HET.
Easy installation: The installation process is not difficult. It is similar to the standard model. It uses twelve inches of a standard pipe. It has a waste seal and you can hardly get this feature from any similar product.
Cons Of Niagara 77001WHCO1
- It does not come with the bolt to attach it to the floor.
Despite this shortcoming, this is indeed one of the top-rated ones. It has everything you need from a flushing system.
TOTO Eco Soiree
When your budget is a little high and you need the Double Cyclone Flushing system from a trusted brand to ensure comfort years after year, consider the MS964214CEFG#01 model.
So many plumbers have given it a higher rating and recommended it to their clients like you. With its superb construction and functionality, I think it’s a great candidate for you to at least give it a consideration.
It has 2 release points for the water and the water swirl inside the bowl when you flush it.
It cleans all of the bowl parts and the waste will be gone super-fast! In fact, so many users have confirmed this fact as the top-quality one.
It basically solves the problem of clogging and overflow because it releases the scant amount of water. With just 1.28 gallons of water per flush, it really does the magic! Believe it or not, your local city even may give you some rebate considering you are wasting very little water!
The design is really awesome and it comes with multiple colors, so yes you can match it with the décor of your bathroom.
The installation is really easy and your plumber will have no problem at all installing it. It’s a little bit heavy but there won’t be any problem at all.
Now, before I go any deep explaining its technical details, I must mention it’s a little loud one. But that’s pretty reasonable considering its super powerful flush system, right?
Features & Pros of TOTO Eco Soiree
- It features Sanagloss, so yes it will keep it clean years after years.
- Available in multiple colors like Cotton White, Colonial White, Bone.
- The height of the bowl is 16 inches. In fact, the overall dimension is 27.75” H x 14” W x 28.125” D.
- It comes with a 12 inches’ adapter, but if you need 14” or other, it’s available easily.
- No rim holes, it features 2 nozzles to release the water.
- ADA compliant.
- The soft-close seat that comes with it is really of higher quality, it’s comfortable and resistant to any harsh cleaning agent. Forget the”Toilet Seat Slam”.
Cons of TOTO Eco Soiree
I would not call the following points as cons – but still, you should know about them before you make any decision:
- As I said above, it’s a little bit loud.
- You should avoid using normal cleaners because it will damage the Sanagloss.
- Sometimes you may need two flushes to clean the solid waste which is not so great considering when you want to save water.
- And don’t forget – it’s expensive!
Maybe this is the only RV toilet reviews that I am gonna cover. So, if you are looking for an ADA compliant one, this brief review may help you out.
Get the same comfort of a residential unit in this improved model. And if you need some extra foot room for the pedal and you are desperately looking for a high profile one for your RV – look no further!
Available in both high and low profile – so if you need to sit down and get up trouble-free, Aqua-Magic Residence RV model is the one. No matter how old or new is your RV – this one will fit comfortably. Seriously, so many happy users out there.
The single-pedal system is dual-functional. When you pedal half the way, it fills the bowl and the full pedal gives you a strong flush! It’s comfortable even for a really old travel lover.
Now, if you are familiar with the old Aqua-Magic V, this one is a great upgrade in many regards. Instead of the previous blade seal, this one features a ball seal. And it really does a great job keeping the odor out. Install a bathroom exhaust fan, and there will be no odor at all!
Also, the bowl is much bigger and it fits any standard seat. Of course, it comes with the seat!
And the seat itself is a great improvement and is of higher quality. It’s antimicrobial and effectively fights against mold and the growth of odor-causing bacteria. More importantly, you can open it easily and customize it as well.
Features of Aqua-Magic
- A high-quality travel trailer model with the replaceable seat. You can really replace it with any standard seat! But the seat that comes with it is really comfortable and you don’t have to replace it for a very long time.
- Affordable price considering all the great features.
- Available in high & low styles. It’s lightweight as well. The high profile weighs 9.5 pounds and the low profile weighs only 8.25 pounds.
- Optional water-saving hand sprayer is also available.
- Long-lasting foot pedal flush.
- Very sturdy! People weighing more than 220 lbs. have confirmed it.
- So smooth, it is so easy to clean it.
- Very easy installation. You should be able to do it without ANY trouble. It comes with everything needed for installation. Only 2 bolt system and the bolts come with it as well.
Cons of Aqua-Magic
- The foot pedal is great but there are some incidents of breaking it for some users. Be careful with that!
KOHLER Memoirs Stately
It’s another affordable, classic yet rich-looking one from KOHLER that so many people are talking about and in a very short time, it has some great recommendations. So many appreciations for its look.
The model K-3817-47 from KOHLER features AquaPiston canister that allows the water to flow from all sides into the bowl. That’s why it’s so effective to have a powerful flush.
Unlike the traditional flap valve, it features a canister flush valve. That’s why you can empty the whole tank just by holding the lever down. Besides, the canister design will give you leak-free performance years after years.
More so, it’s WaterSense certified to meet strict EPA water-saving guidelines. Only 1.28 GPF. That means you are actually saving almost 16,500 gallons of precious water per year.
Despite water-saving, you will get extremely powerful flush because of the larger trap-way. No one experienced using this model had to flush twice to clean the solid waste.
And the elongated bowl ensures not only comfort but also easy access to clean it without any hassle. Among all the Memoirs collection with Stately design from KOHLER, this is so far the most popular model out there.
It’s a great choice having this one when you need to check your budget but you must have modern power flush model that can do the job every time you flush. Among all popular flushing KOHLER models, this is a great model you can consider.
Features of KOHLER Memoirs Stately
- 2-piece model where the tank and the bowl come separately.
- It’s affordable for everyone. Unbeatable price yet you won’t regret having this even after so many years.
- To match your bathroom décor, it’s available in multiple colors like Almond, Biscuit, Black, Ice Grey, Sandbar and White.
- It’s a comfort height model that is equal to a standard chair height model. Have bad knees or elderly members in your family? This model will be a great option.
- Left-hand trip lever – very comfortable to flush while you are still sitting on the seat.
- Proven to be fairly quiet and it is reviewed as such by so many users. The bowl is engineered in such a way so that it requires less water but still can do the job perfectly.
- I don’t know, but so many users have found the flat top useful to set things.
Cons of KOHLER Memoirs Stately
- Does not come with the seat, you have to buy it separately.
- Due to the delivery system, you may receive broken parts. Please don’t forget to check all the parts before you receive it.
- Well, it’s a 2 parts model, so if you try to install it yourself, you may find it a little bit difficult.
WoodBridge (Model: T-0008)
It’s a bidet plus toilet. You know about the bidet, right? If no, no worries. I have written some articles about it. In short, it’s the latest way of cleaning yourself where you don’t have to use your hand anymore.
It’s a high-end bidet and if you have never used one before – this one will change your experience totally using the bathroom. It’s fully automated where you have to do nothing but doing your number one or two. The intuitive remote control will take care of everything.
From automatic lighting to help you out in the dark to hot and cold water system, it has everything like warming seat as well. Suitable for both males and females for posterior and feminine wash.
WoodBridge does next-level stuff in terms of design, this one is no exception. Almost everyone praised the appearance of it. The elegant craftsmanship is something that will bring the ultimate luxury to your bathroom.
The height is perfect for everyone. People weighing more than 300 lbs. have confirmed it to be sturdy and comfortable.
It’s an affordable option for you when you need a bidet toilet combo. The bidet alone costs so high!
You may be thinking about the hygiene issue if you have never used this, but rest assured, it is totally hygienic. In fact, the bidet will filter your water to ensure hygiene long before it touches you. You will be thanking me for recommending this.
Not just you, a lot of people got confused about buying this one. But reading some reviews about it, they decided to have it and now they are happy with it. I recommend you to do so, read some reviews about this and then decide yourself.
It’s a one-piece model, so it is heavy and installing it is not as easy as a standard one. So, hire a professional plumber to do the job.
Features of WoodBridge
- Skirted elongated shaped low-profile model. Available in pure white color.
- Smart seat with temperature control (5 adjustable settings) and features air dryer.
- Baby-proof safety on/off.
- Very easy to clean, in fact, you don’t have to clean it. It has its built-in self-cleaning nozzles. A true stain-resistant model.
- Adjustable water pressure for maximum comfort. Also, you will find the oscillating & gentle message pulse function highly comfortable.
- WaterSense certified and energy-saving mode saves both water and electricity.
- The amazing heated seat will give you maximum comfort. Think about winter! Impress your guests.
- You are paying a good sum of money. It should last really long. With quality construction, this one will last long enough to get the maximum return.
Cons of WoodBridge
- It has less water pressure than the TOTO bidet model.
This is not a regular one that you install in your bathroom. A great solution to the problem of marine or RV sanitation.
For small cottages or guest rooms, these are second to none. It’s really cool that there is no odor at all and it’s very easy to install and maintain.
The capacity of it is also great and 2 adult people can use it full-time. You gonna need to empty it only after every 4-6 weeks and all it takes to empty it is 5 minutes.
If you check the review pages of the composting version, you would not doubt the quality. It is strongly built and very reliable.
Moreover, most users appreciate the fact that this model is affordable. Most importantly, you are not required to become an expert before you can have it installed. You can enjoy it more than those brands you have used in the past.
The product has great features that set it apart. Here are some of the features:
Dimension: It has a dimension of 17.8 x 17.8 x 21.5 inches.
Lightweight: This is perhaps the lightest composting one on the market today (only 28 pounds). Two sailors designed the system and this means that they were meant sea use. It is light and this makes it highly portable.
Dry composting system: One unique feature you can find in this system is the dry composting feature. It is able to separate wastes, especially liquid wastes. The system ensures that there is no water in the compost and this is good because it prevents leakage.
- Some taller persons complained that the product was not good for them
This is another highly effective composting one. It has all the features you want and highly recommended.
KOHLER: Model: K-3493-0
Here comes another great comfort height model from KOHLER. Happy customers call it the most handsome bathroom fixture. If you love powerful pressurized flush without any issue, think about this one from KOHLER.
It’s pretty new on the market but has some pretty cool customer testimonials. Most of them praised its super-strong flush.
People are using this commercial for its exceptionally bulk flushing power (1.6 GPF) and that is the reason they are calling it the new but one of the top-rated models. But that does not mean it wastes water recklessly.
In fact, as per the claim from KOHLER, it saves at least 2,000 gallons of water per year. So, it does not just work like a dream, it considers the environment as well.
The ceramic water tank is designed is a unique way so that it can eliminate the problem of tank sweating during the hot and humid time. Some people are using it for some time and they have verified having no ‘issue’ so far. It stays clean for a very long time which you can’t see much in other models on the market.
Before you make up your mind about this one, I like to re-inform you that it’s an elongated one and you must buy the seat separately. It has comfort height or chair-height seating so that adults can feel comfortable.
More Features & Pros
- Top to bottom height is 31.25 inches; side by side width 21.25 inches, front to back depth is 30.13 inches. From seat to the floor, the height is 18 inches.
- The dimension of the base of it that sits on the floor is 22″ long X 11″ wide.
- Master plumber choice and recommended.
- Available in 3 colors: Almond, White, and Biscuit.
- Left-hand trip lever for convenient flushing.
- 1.6 GPF to solve the clogging issue once and for all.
- Refills the pressure tank quickly.
- Super easy installation. Only basic plumbing skills required.
- Great recommendations from happy customers.
- Affordable price and great long-term investment. Worths every penny.
Being the most powerful flushing model has some problems that you may not be very appealing to you.
- Loud flushing sound.
Buying Guide For The Best Flushing Toilet
You are gonna end up using it for at least 10 years or more. It’s really important to spend some time doing some research on it. To help you out, follow the guidelines so that you can pick the right one for yourself.
- Read Customer Reviews: Never ignore this part. You will get the most authentic ideas about the quality and functionality of it. They have actually used the model and they know it better than anyone. So whatever they say, read it carefully.
- Flush Ratings: Compare the flushing performance among various brands and models. You can do it easily by simply doing some search on google. It will take some time, but worth every second. You can get some quality ratings on consumerreports.org as well.
- Is it Comfortable? For a very long time, you will be using this every day along with your family members. It has to be comfortable. You need to put extra care regarding the comfort if you have a family member who is physically challenged. The comfort is largely depending on the height of it. Measure whether the height will be comfortable for the maximum members of your family.
- Dual Flush To Save Water: We waste a lot of water using the single flush model. If you care about preserving water (which you should), consider having a dual flush one instead of a single flush counterpart. That way you will be saving at least 25% of water.
- Check Durability: Buying it is definitely a long-term investment. You should expect the maximum return for a very long time. Normally, it lasts for 10 years or more. Check how long the manufacturer is backing up their models. You should trust only brands in this case.
- Easy Cleaning: No doubt you will be cleaning yours at a regular interval to keep it functioning and hygienic. But you need to have that accessibility inside the bowl and tank for easy cleaning. The design of the bowl and the power of the flush play an important role to keep it clean with minimum effort from your end. However, I strongly recommend you using any good quality toilet bowl cleaner if it seems not so easy to clean.
- Match The Cost With Budget: You want to have all the modern features of a great model within your budget. Does the cost match your expected functionalities and budget as well? An expensive model does not necessarily mean a quality one always.
- Rebates On HET: Based on your local water utilities authority, you may get some rebate if you install HET (High-Efficiency Toilet) that uses 1.28 GPF. These meet the guideline of EPA’s guideline as water-efficient models on water-saving. But keep in mind that, high-efficiency models have more clogging problems as well.
- Measure Rough-in Carefully: You should do it before you buy it. A rough-in is the distance from the wall of the bathroom to the middle of its flange that holds down it. Standard rough-in is 12 inches but other sizes like 10 inches or 14 inches are also available. Try to keep the same rough-in measure for them in your home.
- Bigger Bowls May Not Be Good: At present, most people prefer elongated one simply because they are more comfortable than their round counterparts. They are a little bit (around 2 inches) longer than the round versions as well. But if you already have around one and you intend to upgrade it to an elongated one, make measurements of your doors and drawers inside the bathroom carefully.
- Noise Level: Sound reduction technology is equally important when you are making your choice. Most modern unit do not make noise when they are in use. It is not necessary that everybody in the house knows that you have gone to the bathroom 🙂
There are such other considerations like Drain location, Bowl shape, Design, Height, etc. I have covered these issues in my above reviews, right? Keep that in your mind to avoid future frustration.
Taking Care of Your Flushing Toilet
In short, you can only flush down number 1, 2, and tissue paper. If you flush anything else, one way or another, it will lead to bad experiences for you even if you have the long-lasting model in the world.
Now that you have checked the prices, you have understood it’s a long-term investment. You need to take care of it. Before I proceed any further, I would like to invite you to watch the video on what not to flush in yours.
They don’t require much care, but because of our bad habits, they get clogged, which ultimately leads to embarrassing moments. So, try to avoid flushing down these following stuff to have high-pressure toilet years after year. Yours will stop working if you don’t follow these tips.
- Women Hygiene Products: Never ever try to flush down tampons or pads. You can be 100% sure that your preferred model will get clogged if you do so. Why? They are cotton made and will definitely expand when they get touched with water. That’s the reason they can’t move through sewers or pipes. Always use the trash bin for these products.
- Don’t Flush The Condoms: We just love to flush it down… But imagine it gets clogged and you hired a plumber and the plumber is pulling out all these condoms from it. How embarrassing! What you can do, just wrap it with tissue paper and use the trash bin.
- Stop Flushing Hair & Floss: At first, they won’t seem much but they will create trouble for you. They get tangled with each other and create a blockage. Why not throw them in the trash bin?
- Medical Stuff: Most bandaids are made of plastic which is not biodegradable and can contribute to clogging it. So, never flush the band-aids. In fact, you should not flush any medicine pill as well, not just because these pills will clog it but save the water from contamination. It’s never too late to think about the environment.
- Disposable Wipes & Paper Towels: Even though it says ‘disposable’ but I would not try to flush. They are surely thicker than toilet paper and absorb much more water. They may clog it at your most inconvenient time.
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
I know you got a lot of questions. So I made a separate section to answer these. The list will go on but right now you are welcome to read the FAQ section.
These are the best flushing toilet. The information provided here would assist you to choose the perfect one. All the models recommended here are great, and you are sure of getting value for your money. You do not have anything to lose and you have a lot to gain. These are high-end models for long-term use with full satisfaction.