Buying a bathtub online is common nowadays. For the same quality, you have to pay a lot less than your local store for the same brand you prefer. Besides, it will save the transportation hassle as well.
Top 7 Bathtub To Buy In 2022
In total, you will get 7 reviews. Let’s have their in-depth reviews.
American Standard Cambridge (Model. 2461.002.020)
When you are completely exhausted and you need a mind-blowing bath to have maximum relaxation, Cambridge should be your ultimate choice.
A solid but completely lightweight one with more than 14” in depth.
I have put it at the top of my list because it has already won the heart of many and they have recommended it as the top-rated option for you.
The porcelain finish keeps the water hot longer than you need to ensure your complete bath.
But there is a catch…
It is not a cheap one. But for the quality and long-lasting performance, it should be your in choice if you have a decent budget.
It is a deep soaking model and if you want to have the feeling of an old cast iron model, you are making the right choice.
There are pretty good reasons why it will give you the most comforting bathing experience. The classic design is eye-soothing.
Your stressful days are over with a deep soaking bath with its 26-degree angle lumber supportive contour headrest.
I request you read as many customer reviews as you can before you make up your mind. And I am pretty sure you will end up getting the conclusion that it is both stylish and comfortable.
Even though I said earlier that it is not a cheap one, I want you to consider this one to have in your bathroom.
Imagine buying such a thing from the local store, bringing it into your home, and installing it in your bathroom. Do the math adding all the costs.
Now, the cost of the American Standard Cambridge will be definitely lower than that. You already know that among all the popular brands, American Standard is a prominent one, right?
Features & More Pros of American Standard Cambridge
- ADA compliant with a bath seat installed at the drain end.
- Comes with a 5 feet right-hand drain.
- Slip-resistant bottom of the bathing well.
- 60” X 32” X 17 ¾ inches is the overall dimension whereas the bathing well dimensions are 54” X 26” X 17”. Please notice that the RIM dimension is 54” X 26”. Believe me, it’s a great model for a standard size out there.
- The size is just perfect when you have so much stuff in your bathroom like bathroom vanities, toilets, and so on.
- Americast materials ensure more durable performance than the traditional cast iron-made models.
- A lot of customers have reviewed it as a well-made and sturdy model. Several of these users have been using it for years.
- Available in multiple colors like bone, linen, and white finishes.
- Very easy to install, need only 2 persons. Fits into standard bath alcoves easily.
- This 5 feet model is more spacious than most of its standard-sized counterparts. So, let’s say you weigh more than 550 pounds, still, you will have a comforting fit.
Cons of American Standard Cambridge
Though pretty rare, there is a possibility that you may receive a broken/defective model. Before you sign the paper, check it carefully. And don’t worry, if you found yours defective, just contact their customer support.
Woodbridge 67″ (Model. B-0002)
It has more depth and length than the American Standard Cambridge previously reviewed above.
Just by looking at it, you can tell it is more elegant and sophisticated. To me, it’s my second favorite.
They call it a great acrylic model to have a leisurely soothing bathing experience because this is a really deep one having 67” in length.
For the price and quality, so many professional contractors have called it another great choice. It is so beautiful that the look is eye-soothing.
The size is just perfect and it will take the ultimate beauty to your bathroom to the next level.
The walls are pretty wide that you can install a faucet there. The acrylic construction and double-walled model will keep the water warm long enough to give you a relaxing bathing experience.
The shape of your body will be perfectly aligned with the ergonomic design of the WOODBRIDGE. And WoodBridge is a famous one among all the high-quality brands.
The price is reasonable and it will serve you for a very long time. Why?
The reinforced fiberglass construction has made it last long enough to get the maximum value of your money. The glossy long-lasting finish prevents it from dulling and scratching.
You will find the U.S.A.-based support team of the WOODBRIDGE super helpful. Whether you need professional help for the installation or replacing any parts, just contact their support team.
The support team alone has a lot of appreciation from satisfied users.
More Features & Pros of WOODBRIDGE
Before I am going to reveal some of its cool features, I need you to be alarmed by something. Before you receive it, make sure the box has ‘WOODBRIDGE’ logo and ‘BTA-1504’ as supplier part number.
Also, the overflow cover should be rectangular, NOT round.
If you don’t see those two, simply refuse to accept them. Now, let’s talk about its some cool features.
- The dimension is 67” L X 31 ¾ inches W X 23” H with 60 gallons of water capacity.
- Pre-installed overflow and drain.
- Pretty easy to install and clean. Also resistant enough to fight against chemicals and cosmetics products. More people seem worried about cleaning it. As I said, it is very easy to clean and the wand on the faucet has made it really simple to clean.
- Features a flexible drain.
- UPC and CSA certified. It meets or exceeds the regulatory ANSI Z124.1 & ANSI A11219.7
- The matching faucet is also available. You need to buy it separately though.
- It comes with a durable drain pipe. With the right installation, it should serve for a very long time.
- Features are hidden adjustable legs so that you can perfectly level it with the flexible hose drain. You can easily remove the bathtub drain too.
Cons of WOODBRIDGE
The drain is a little bit slow to run, so you may need to reinforce the system.
Empava 67″ (Model. EMPV-FT1518)
As the name suggests, when you need the SPA-like bathing experience after a busy day, this freestanding acrylic soaking model is the right choice for you.
Made in the U.S.A. with the latest technology and quality material (For just the material used, it’s definitely one of the high-quality models.).
Lots of customers have reviewed it to have the SPA experience at home. So yes, if you are looking for a high-quality one, consider this one as well.
You definitely don’t want to feel squished when sitting in it, right? Well, with this large model you will have a comfortable bathing experience like others.
It is really large and has enough space to fit 1 or 2 people. So yeah, welcome your loved one as well. It’s’ another popular soaking model and both of you will love it!
Holding the heat long enough is a must to have a pleasant bath. Lots of the customers have confirmed the fact that it can hold the heat for a pretty long time.
People love it not only just for its visually appealing look, but for its promising long-lasting bathing experience.
You will be paying a pretty good amount of money, so it should serve for a pretty good time. Well, the premium quality acrylic construction and reinforced fiberglass have been used to make it durable and strong. A premium quality model that is worth every penny you spend.
They call it the most practical and beautiful among all the popular freestanding bathtubs money can buy. The curved shape amazed a lot of people. And for the quality, the price is really fair.
Like you, lots of people have cross-checked as many models as they could but ended up with this one eventually.
More Features & Pros of Empava
- To meet quality and safety standards, it meets or exceeds ASME standards & it is cUPC certified.
- When you install it in your bathroom, make sure to secure it to the floor. I need to talk more about the installation. It is not easy to get the drain right. You should get professional help to install it if you don’t think you are a PRO.
- It is a lightweight solid and sturdy model, so your plumber will find installing it easy. But make sure to hire a professional plumber. FYI: the drain is in the center of it.
- The overall dimension is 67” Long X 31.5” Wide X 26.77” deep. Fits comfortably with 1 or 2 people.
- 58 gallons of water are needed to fill it. Fills it very quickly.
- Antibacterial glossy surface with the overflow made of brushed nickel and a pop-up drain.
- There won’t be any moving once you install it to the floor securely.
- Comes with built-in leveling feet. The metal-made feet are adjustable.
- Even though the drain is located at the center of it, it is highly unlikely it will accidentally release the water.
- Has so many compliments and recommendations from professional plumbers and happy SPA lovers!
Cons of Empava
- There are some incidents that happened to a few people where the drain leaks slowly after a while.
American Standard Evolution (Model. 2422V002.020)
Remember the first American Standard I reviewed above?
Though that one is the best bathtub and that model is costly, this one is less expensive with the same level of comforting bathing experience. It is 5 feet long but the depth is really deep.
Simply put, this is one of the deepest acrylic models without being too wide. So, if you have a small bathroom with a small budget, look no further. This is the one you are looking for.
To have the SPA-like feel, it features dual molded-in armrests. Lots of people have been using it for a very long time and they have reviewed to have an SPA-like experience with it.
Just keep a TV in the bathroom so that you can watch your favorite shows while bathing. Trust me, you will have a SPA like experience as well!
Just because it is inexpensive (which is I believe beyond your imagination) does not mean it won’t last for long or have poor quality. It is one of the top-notch acrylic models with reinforced fiberglass. Just make sure to buy the Deep Soak Max Drain from the same brand.
But how comfortable it is? Does it have a sloped back to have maximum comfort?
Yes! It features a sloped back and so many have reviewed it to be really comfortable. You won’t be needing any pillow for your neck. Also, you should not be worried about scratching or fading of color. All you need is to properly clean it regularly.
More Features & Pros of American Standard Evolution
- If you are looking for one of the deepest ones within your limited budget to have the completely soaking SPA-like experience, go for it.
- Since it is too deep, getting in or out of it may be problematic for children or disabled family members. So, you can install a vertical grab bar on the wall.
- It is available in multiple colors like linen, bone, white, & arctic white to match your bathroom decor.
- The overall dimension is 60” L X 32” W X 21.5” H. You can install it in a 32” X 60” alcove.
- Features under-mount installation.
- With the right plumber, you can install it in the shower as well.
- You may need to insulate around it to hold the warmth of the water during the whole time of the bath.
- The bottom is pre-leveled.
- As I said above, you need to order the Deep Soak Max Drain which will ultimately allow 3” more water level.
- American Standard is a trusted brand name, so you don’t have to worry much about the quality. Their models are widely used in renowned hotels, airports, and stadiums. In fact, there is a statistic that every 3 out of 5 Americans home use their products.
Cons of American Standard Evolution
- The armrests have made it a little bit narrow, so it won’t feel wide enough for some people, especially if they are overweight.
- Some reviewed it not being totally slip-resistant. You may need to buy the anti-slip pad if it seems slippery for you.
KOHLER Archer Reviews (Model. K-1123-0)
For your comfort, KOHLER has brought to you this model at an affordable price.
KOHLER is a pretty trustworthy one among all the popular brands, right? This 5 feet long model has a comforting depth and you can completely submerge yourself.
To take your comfort level to the next level, it has gentle lumbar support. The shape of your body will perfectly align with this one which is too many users, another great quality option.
Now, before I go any further with this review, I need to make you aware of something. Every model requires the overflow drain, right?
Well, you need to buy it exactly from the same brand. To help you out, you should buy the K-7271 or K-7272 clear flow slotted drain.
Since the Archer features a textured bottom surface, it is a skidproof one. When you are in it and have a comfortable bath, it won’t move a little.
Features a low stepover height, so getting in or out of it is easy for all family members of all ages. Now, that’s cool, right?
It is really deep and most of the owners have reviewed that this one is their better-than-expected deep soaking unit.
I am not saying this is the deepest one out there, but it is adequately deep enough to completely submerge yourself. And I am pretty sure it is a lot better than most of the cast-iron models.
As you can see in the picture, the look is not just beautiful, it is gorgeous!
More importantly, the comfort is unparalleled. The small armrests will make your bathing experience even more comfortable. The armrests are not too wide, but they will do the job just fine.
More Features & Pros of KOHLER Archer
- The overall dimension is 60” L X 32” W X 19” H. To many, it’s another great model to consider.
- Available in 2 colors: Thunder Gray & White to perfectly match your bathroom interior.
- Features an integrated tile flange for the 3 walls installation.
- It requires to be set in mortar.
- They call it a skirted one because it is designed to fit in between 3 walls.
- You can use it as a shower as well just like many others have already done. But it’s slippery inside, so be careful.
- The installation is easy and no special plumbing is required. However, the installation should be done only by a PRO.
- It does not retain any dirt and it is very easy to clean. Use cleaner for hard water stains in bathtub for easy cleaning.
- The price is so fair and reasonable. You won’t be regretting having this.
- Great customer support! Contact them for any help you may require.
- Use the handheld shower to rinse it off after each shower. Don’t use any harsh chemicals to clean it.
- Has great reviews and feedback from a lot of its happy customers.
Cons of KOHLER Archer
- Have incidents of cracking the fiberglass after a few years. But the good thing is you can contact KOHLER ASAP & they will take care of such problems.
- For some people, 32” width is not wide enough.
- Inside of it is very shiny and slippery, may be dangerous to stand.
AKDY Reviews (Model. F210)
For those who don’t about AKDY:- The end home improvement manufacturer has been ranked no. 75 among the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2015.
One thing that is common to all of the models of the company is that all of them are exceptionally beautiful. Their sense of design is totally unparalleled.
Not just beauty, only the top-quality materials have been used to produce this model. For the higher quality, you need to pay a higher price.
So, yes the price of AKDY is a little bit higher than other brands. But with a decent budget, it is worth every penny. It’s your dream choice if you have a decent budget.
This is an exceptionally large & deep freestanding acrylic one. Your master bathroom deserves something better & this is the one.
The beauty of your bathroom will go to the next level with this one. The elegant design has already impressed me a lot.
A lot of people have left their reviews after using it for several years. In summary, they are just impressed! The beauty and performance hold just like the new even after several years.
Lots of people have recommended it to have an extremely comfortable bathing experience. The shape lets you perfectly align your body & it is so deep that you can completely soak yourself.
The wide walls are just perfect for your added comforts. The curved contours will take your comfortable bathing experience to the next level.
More Features of AKDY
- You can move it easily when it is empty.
- The overall dimension is 66.9” L X 30.5” W X 30.5” H.
- Installation is fairly simple and straightforward, though it should be done by professionals only. Comes with everything needed for the installation except the tub filler.
- Acrylic finish and no scratching at all. The finish works great for heat retention. Your long soaked bathing experience is ensured.
- 79 gallon of water capacity which is suitable for your bathing need or maybe the bathing need of your pet as well.
- The drain is located at the center.
- The pearl white acrylic finish is simply gorgeous. So many call it one of the most recommended ones out there.
- It is a skidproof model. Secured by the drain & the adhesive make it immovable.
- Smooth and glossy surface. Anti-erosion and no bad smell at all. It is aging-resistant as well.
- For this quality, the price is fairly reasonable. Go to the store & check the price. You will understand what you are getting at what price.
- Adjustable metal feel comes free.
- Awesome customer service from AKDY.
Cons of AKDY
- If you want to use a handheld or freestanding faucet, you can. However, the deck faucet is not possible without making holes.
- In rare cases, you may receive a cracked one. Don’t refuse to accept. Simply accept it and inform AKDY. This will make it easier for AKDY to send you a new one.
Ove Decors Rachel
It’s a 70 inches large model, so perfect for your master bathroom. It has the largest space that you can have from any model.
The water depth immersion is 15.4 inches; perfectly suitable to submerge yourself.
For the quality – it is made of 100% pure acrylic and reinforced layers of fiberglass.
The reinforced fiberglass is the reason it is so lightweight yet very durable and strong. It is resistant to scratching and yellowing.
In comparison with other popular brands, it is one of the top-rated models that will increase the beauty of your bathroom & increase the value of your home for the resale purpose. Though it’s not one of those cheap bathtubs for sale, you can have it at an affordable price.
Users have appreciated their beautiful style and design. And it is also the promise of Ove Decors to deliver only such models that are made of the highest standards of design and style.
Not just the beauty, it is recommended for the most pleasing bathing experience as well. No matter how tall you are (even if you are more than 6’ 3”), you will find it perfectly comfortable for soaking.
Plenty of room! Besides, the double-walled construction works as great insulation and can retain the warmth of the water for a very long time. Can fit 2 people, so yeah…welcome your loved one!
Now, in case you want to do the installation yourself, the following installation video should be helpful for you.
More Features & Pros of Ove Decors Rachel
- CSA/ULC certified.
- The dimension of the model is 70 inches W x 30 inches H x 34 ¼ inches D. A little over 60 gallons of water are required.
- To lessen your installation, it comes with the pre-installed overflow & pops up drains. Also, if you need a flexible p-trap for the installation, contact Ove Decors.
- It’s a pure white one with a smooth finish and the color of the metal drain in chrome. If you are looking for a freestanding one with a front drain, this is the one!
- You can install a well-constructed floor-mounted faucet from the same brand. You can also install the deck-mounted faucet, freestanding faucet, or wall-mounted faucet. However, please make a note that it does not have any pre-drilled holes, so you need to decide on the faucet yourself.
- Features are hidden adjustable feet for the sturdy and stable installation.
- There is a seam between the top and sides, but you won’t notice it because it is tucked under a little bit.
- Features a lovely backrest for your soothing bathing experience.
- It’s well-built and will last for a very long time. Ove Decors always stand behind their products, so should you face any trouble, just contact their support team.
Though it is one of the greatest models in 2022 with a reasonable price tag, you should have a look at the following facts:
- Maybe slippery for some when getting out of it.
- Installation may seem a little bit difficult. Hire only the pro!
Buying Guides To Get The Best Bathtub
Buying online something big like a bath requires extra precautions. Besides, you have to pay a lot to get the item. You should be more careful than buying an item like a flushing toilet.
Following some extra precautions and guidelines may save you from a lot of trouble and disappointment. Pay extra attention to the following questions and solutions:
What is the Right type of bathtub to buy?
As you know there are various types like claw-foot, standards, whirlpool, etc. Most people go for the standard one because they are suitable for any type of bathroom.
However, if you want more relaxation and are willing to pay a little extra, you may consider a whirlpool one. With the jets/bubbles, the bathing experience is just awesome.
What are bathtubs made of today?
They are made of acrylic, fiberglass, cast irons, etc. The current trend is most of them are made of reinforced fiberglass with acrylic. Altogether they made them strong & durable but lightweight. So, you should stick to the fiberglass-made model.
How long do fiberglass tubs last?
As I said above, they are expensive home improvement items. So you want to last it long enough to pay off. Usually, fiberglass models last around 10 to 15 years. This is quite a long service period that you can expect.
How deep is a soaking tub?
The deeper the model you can get, the more relaxing and comfortable the bathing experience you will get. Normally, soaking models have a depth of 15” to 25”. Also, keep in mind that the deeper model requires more water as well. Based on the depth, width, and length, you may need 60 to 90 gallons of water to fill it.
Size of the Tub & Your Bathroom
While buying one, make sure you have the right size. First, know the size of your bathroom then decide how long it should be.
What can I use to clean the bathtub?
Most of them have a self-cleaning mechanism. The surface is so smooth that no dirt, mold, or mildew can grow there. However, if you feel to clean it, don’t use any harsh chemicals.
Any cloth made of fiber should do the trick. Make sure, you have the working bathroom exhaust fan installed out there to avoid the moist environment after you have your shower.
A pretty long article, eh? But it totally worth your time. A bathtub is something you don’t buy regularly. So, it’s better you gather as much information as you can to make the right decision.
Let me know in the comment box if you need to have more information.